e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Lived all over. Instead of giving the rosy picture, I'll focus on negatives.

Money no object: San Diego area...it's the cheapest metropolitan area in CA and most conservative. As much as I hate CA and its politics, when I lived there, going to the beach after work gave me peace of mind like little else does. Another downside is that the people in all of CA are impatient, rude, entitled for the most part...so if you're a people person you wouldn't fare well there. I lived in CT and traveled to Boston and NYC almost every weekend, doesn't compare to CA. Californians take the rude cake.
Having lived in the Midwest for much of my life, I feel like San Diego is sort of the Midwest of California. Very slow and quiet pace of life, people are more simple and down to earth. None of the craziness and rudeness that people in LA/IE are deservedly known for.

But on the flip side, I find SD to be terribly boring. For people who enjoy a faster pace of life and world-class amenities, it's not a good fit. Very small town beachy-vibe, which I suppose is what many people love about it.
Funny, I think SD is too big, too busy. Maybe I've just gotten older. That's why I'd opt to live in Otay Ranch or similar area because it's sort of on the outskirts of town but within 25 min of Coronado.
Appreciate 0