07-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

M3dragon - NorCal CSL build

Full build thread updated as of 12/2/2013

Please be aware this is a VERY picture intensive build thread.

I will apologize for the half ass build thread. For those of you are just reading this for the first time then you did not miss anything. For those who might be re-reading this I have made a proper timeline of the build over a decade of ownership.

Full build thread XLS Document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

Assistance XLS Document - FULL CSL parts listing for M3 to CSL Conversions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did it all start?

After 10 years for going around in circles, I have decided finally, how I wanted to build out my M3. This document is the journey I have taken with my beloved E46 M3 since I brought her home from the dealers in 2002. I hope you enjoy the thread as much as I have enjoyed owning the car.

*All of the car images are of my car and some of the parts images I had to pull from the internet as I did not take images of the parts or I lost them over the years.*

Purchase History and Day 1

I started looking in September 2002 at 330ci’s, as I wanted a sports car to have for weekend drives. I had never owned a BMW or even a sports car for that matter. My car ownership experience at the time I started looking at BMW’s had only been Ford Bronco’s, so I was definitely a fish out of water. After some research, I changed my mind and ordered a M3 as it had the SMG system. I asked the dealer to order a silver one and let me know when it arrived.

About two weeks later, the dealer called me and said they had a customer back out of an order and asked if I was interested. At first, I was hesitant because I wanted silver but they gave me a discount on the several of the ordered options. I agreed to to purchase this car as I was saving money and the color was not bad. I am glad they did, as now the Steel Gray Metallic is, is one of the rarer colors for the M3 now. October 15th 2002 I bought my M3 with 88 miles on the clock and the journey began.

Vehicle Specifications:
2002 BMW E46 M3
Build Date: XX/2002
SMG II
Steal Gray Metallic.
Black Nappa Leather
Premium Package
Bi-Xenon Headlights
CD Player
19inch wheels
Harmon Kardon Sound
BMW Car Cover
BMW M3 Floor Mats

Last edited by m3dragon; 02-18-2018 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 0