View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Beisan Vanos Refresh/Rebuild

I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO GO AHEAD AT THE PRESENT TIME WITH THE WPC ROD BEARINGS INSTALL. MY BEARINGS ARE FAIRLY NEW AND VERY LOW MILEAGE SINCE BEING CHANGED BY BMW UNDER RECALL.

Well guys after looking at all the Beisan Vanos refreshes being done and taking part in the WPC Treated Rod Bearings GB I decided it was about time to get to installing these parts to ensure reliability and longevity on my M3s S54.

My car has been having a misfire (causing choking at low rpm take off) http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=472135. This will be the first step. Once we solve this we will start on the Vanos and Rod Bearings.

My car has 64,400km on the clock and the Rod bearing recall was performed at BMW Bahrain at 29,000km on the clock (meaning recall bearings only have 35,400km on them).

Since then I have taken the car out for some track days and some spirited driving. I have only ever used Castrol TWS and change my oil around every 5-6000km. Many will say why change the rod bearing shells. My answer to that is Curiosity, Fun and Boredom...in that order lol.

Here are some pics of the parts....

Me all serious while messing with a donor vanos unit. LOL

I will update the thread as the work progresses on. First thing sort out the misfire. Then rebuild time

I want to say a big Thank you to my friends Sean at www.thebmwpartstore.com, Raj At Beisan Systems and M3Dragon.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports

Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 05-04-2014 at 03:37 AM..
Appreciate 0