10-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #66
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
"The experts" and "scientific consensus" once told us the Earth is flat and is orbited by the Sun.
Today it tells us to eat copious quantities of "healthy whole grains" (to the tune of 300gr glucose/day) and "heart healthy polyunsaturated oils" (oxidized industrially refined toxins that contribute directly to mitochondrial dysfunction).
It tells us to treat T2D, a condition characterized by hyperinsulinemia with,,, more insulin. Akin to treating an alcoholic with more booze.
One day current "medical consensus" will be viewed the same way we now think of casting spells and applying leeches.
I'm not saying to discount out of hand, but I also wouldn't put any degree of faith in anything solely because it's the consensus of "experts".
You forgot about poor Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis whose ideas were ridiculed and rejected by his contemporaries and ultimately committed to an asylum for suggesting and proving that simply washing your hands before delivering babies reduced death rates considerably of mothers and babies. And this was not during the dark ages. We're talking mid 1800's!
All that being said we've come along way in a short period of time in determining fact from fiction in the medical world but nothing is 100%.
I look at it this way do I go with the Alex Jones of the world or the scientific community? I think that's an easy call.
Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e
Appreciate 2
3PedalJake2613.50
minn1914037.50