View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 05:31 AM   #58
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
Really? The real issue is that nobody listens, not today not 30 years ago!
Everyone wants to take a pill(s) and forget about the necessary lifestyle changes.
Trust me it's a losing battle.
And don't get me started on "Drinking and smoking is my God-given right!"
Smoking-related illness alone in the US is a $300+ billion taxpayer burden.

Back to the point of this post.
SARS-CoV-2 doesn't care about your age, underlying conditions, or how in or out of shape you are.
I've seen 90-year-olds with minor symptoms and 20-year-olds that are serious athletes die.
There's some yet to be determined element of the virus that impacts the severity of the illness. Clearly, the mutations have a significant impact but there's something else. A good guess would be the viral load but I'm not certain.
If you're not vaccinated you playing with fire.
It always scares me when a citizen claims to be concerned about “taxpayer burden”. That’s how death panels are formed in countries that have socialized medicine. They prioritize healthcare benefits based on past behavior and the individuals importance to the collective at that particular time.

This virus absolutely cares about your age and underlying conditions. Those are the number one and two determining factors of those people that are in the highest death rate percentage. That’s a fact. Just because you can point to an outlier here and there and they are very rare doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of people who have died from this are above 80, were at end of life anyway and those who were extremely unhealthy. Those are facts. Please don’t attempt to come back and argue with that because I won’t engage you on that past this post. It’s difficult for me to take anyone seriously that can’t even admit those basic facts.
Appreciate 1
scostu1623.00