View Single Post
      11-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #22
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrnflyr View Post
I wish the car was offered with AWD. I owned a heavily tuned Porsche turbo a few cars ago and an R8 before my F car. They were AWD because they had to be in order to keep the tires from lighting up. We "over modded" the P turbo (637hp) and it would light them up even when AWD!

The M4 seems to have the same situation. I haven't been able to punch it to the floor without the traction control coming on and taming the tail. That may be fun for you drifter types but I'd rather have it hook up and accelerate faster than make smoke. It's my wife's car but I bet we go through rear tires every 4-6 thousand miles.
This is interesting topic for all M car drivers. We have similar discussion in M5post! Most of the guys complain about weight and power and wish lighter and more powerful cars! Then when you have that car (light and powerful) now complain about the TC! Yes this is the law of physic and you cannot do anything! That much power and torque for a front engine light weight car causes the same thing! I have much more traction issue since M6 has much more power and torque and has lower rear/front weight ratio (regarding to aluminum suspension instead of steel one) with higher power/weight ratio compare to M3/M4 and it's my DD car! I never tracked my car and have no plan to do it, but it's fun to drive it! It was hard (even scary)to drive in first couple weeks even with all experience I had with this chassis (I used to own two 650i F13 prior to M6), but after almost a month I got enough confidence to drive it aggressively. Most of the time I drive in MDM and have enough control on this big heavy monster. I think you need to spend some times to be familiar with your M4. Driving a car is not just sitting behind the wheel and flooring the gas (IMO). I bet if BMW introduces the AWD in future (and I'm sure it's gonna happen), then you will see a lot complain especially for M3/M4. I see you guys will feel the difference between RWD and AWD in rolling! Try your M3/M4 and roll with RS5 to see how easy you walk away
To me the current M cars (M3/M4/M5/M6) are fantastic torque monsters!
Drive safe and enjoy your beast
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0