02-01-2024, 05:07 AM   #3
disintegrator66
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i M-Sport 6MT THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremmell View Post
What are you using to successfully clean the black clear coat on your competition wheels? I am afraid to even touch mine now because what I thought was working was just scuffing the clear coat. I ordered some of this and I'm hoping that'll take the brake dust off or loosen it up before I hit it with the pressure washer.

Anyway, what is your wheel cleaning regimen? Do your wheels still look good under a flashlight at night or in the bright sun or do they look like someone took 150 grit sandpaper to them?

TIA
I don't have a M car, but a nice wheel is a nice wheel... if you maintain your car you shouldn't need harsh detergents to remove brake dust and road grime. I always use a combo of pressure and hand washing in the following order:
1) Pressure wash rinse to remove and soften stuck on grim. Let dwell for 5 minutes
2) Repeat step 1
3) Work wheel by wheel - Spray & cover wheel with same soap used to wash the car. I prefer Griots products, but there is a lot of quality soap available. Let soap dwell for 2-5 minutes.
4) Hand wash in order - Face of wheel with microfiber towel then spokes and barrels with a wheel wooly or similar soft brush. Respray soap as needed. I frequently rinse my cleaning towels/brushes to remove grime during and in-between wheels.
5) Rinse with pressure washer and dry with a leaf blower.
My 6 year old wheels are still looking near showroom condition.
Attached Images

Last edited by disintegrator66; 02-01-2024 at 05:19 AM..
Appreciate 2