View Single Post
      11-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #10
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Never thought I’d have to bump this thread.

It’s been 10 months since my dad passed away. While every night we sit down for dinner, there’s a ping of pain when I stare at the empty seat, the pain fades ever so slightly every day. Now I can even talk to my neighbors about our loss (and his recent loss) without having to keep my emotions in check.

Then came a bill from GM Financial.

That’s right. They’re trying to collect money AGAIN from a retired widow on a fixed income. Basically they’ve threatened her with what amounts to lease payment for the last 8 months prior to them selling the Bolt EV in October. They made it pretty clear in the form letter that we’ll be subject to late fees and whatnot, and they will have to “collect” if we don’t pay up.

F**king extorting a 74 year old widow.

It’s not bad enough they they ripped open a freshly healed wound. On top of all the bad that’s been happening this year, it’s like they decided, nah, this family haven’t suffered nearly enough. Let’s walk up and kick them all in the balls as hard as we can, because we can, and because we’re GM.

In a fit of rage I called GM up for an explanation of the charges. “Oh we send that bill out to ALL the estates of the deceased. You don’t have to pay.” Apparently they send out a threatening bill, and I suspect most of the time the grieving estate don’t bother to call and ends up paying because the cost is a fraction of what they would turn around and charge ($1,5xx vs $25,xxx, what they initially tried to extort/scam my mom). This is all PURE PROFIT for GM, because it’s either you pay them what the car’s worth at the time of lease termination due to death ($25,xxx), then they turn around and sell the car and double pocket the $$$, or they try to stick you with a bill for the DIFFERENCE between the residual of the car at the time of termination and the actual value of the car at auction, and pocket that difference because they can and most people don’t bother checking.

This is by far the shadiest car company I have ever had the misfortune to have dealt with for sure.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0