View Single Post
      04-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #2394
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Any stories you can share, even if vague in content?
I did the Ashley Smith inquest. She died in federal prison. It was a complete shit show. 113 Days of evidence over the course of a year. I had to take the whole inquest, lawyers (13 of them), media, Crown attorney, court reporter, Coroner and jury to a federal women's pen. A bit of planning from a security point of view. Trying to maintain a secure situation with not undue influence on the jury was very challenging.

The other issues that were interesting was dealing with the sensitive nature of the evidence. Ms Smith died at her own hand, she was a self harmer using mostly ligatures, because it occurred so often Corrections usually video taped it. Her death was captured on video, as a result of that and then the visit to her cell and all of the other trauma I also found myself dealing with PTSD issues of the jury. The resulting verdict of the jury has changed put in place many changes in Corrections Canada, no more segregation among other things.

Another inquest I did I had to charter airlines and fly the entire inquest into a remote fly-in community on the shores of James Bay in the sub-arctic. Everyone there has a hunting rifle and were pissed off. Another security nightmare.

I'm going to pour another rum now.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25162.00
Buug95917714.00