View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 07:58 AM   #9
plutnicki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M8C Coupe & 2019 X3 M40i

I can share with you what I did, but it's going to depend on your dog, it's personality and temperament. In my case, my first came home to a Shetland Sheepdog. The second came home to a Golden Retriever. Both of my dogs were exceptionally well trained and recognized my authority. Who is the dog's Alpha, you or your wife? Don't say both, because in my experience, dog's don't have 2 leaders. How well trained is your dog? Does he/she have the basics or advanced training.

When we came home, I attended to the dog, gave him attention, and did some tricks/training with him. We brought the baby into the house and I introduced the baby to the dog while the baby was in the car carrier. Both dogs, by MY saying these things were ok, immediately took to the baby. The sheepdog allowed my son into the pack and immediately took guard over him. The golden loves everyone and everything. Both got lots of praise for good behavior, I never really needed to correct either of them. You're looking for a positive experience, but making sure your dog knows who's the boss. Be sure to continue to pay attention to the dog.

Certainly they were never alone together AT ALL for a long time.

Good luck.
Appreciate 2
DocL1930.00
FSHNGRY2336.50