View Single Post
      06-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #9456
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I agree with most of your post except the last statement. It's well known that women get the upper hand in family law court. The system provides huge incentives for women to behave badly during divorce proceedings particularly when it comes to matters around children. The majority of physical custody decisions go towards the woman. Child support is calculated based on income and more times than not is a detriment to the father. Between not having 50/50 custody by default and a substantial chunk of money being transferred to the mother, fathers get screwed big time. Until family law changes which means having custody decisions start at 50/50 along with auditing of child support costs in determining the actual needs for the child/children being taken care of, men will continue to get screwed. With the above said, there is no incentive for women to behave in a civil manner during a divorce.
I don't disagree with you....but my statement wasn't in regard to how women behave during a divorce. My statement was to call attention to the fact that it isn't beneficial to women to get married, unless building a family, just as it is advantageous for men to get married. I feel like I covered the divorce part with my next to last statement. Trust me, I know all too well how the same person who vowed to honor and cherish, suddenly turns into Black Friday shopping Karens in Wal-Mart if they think they're going to get something out of it.

Unless you are stating that the advantage to a woman getting married lies in the divorce....and for that, I suppose you would be spot on. Sorry, your point hit me after I hit the submit button, had to come back to edit.
Appreciate 1