View Single Post
      06-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #9452
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I have to agree with this and say it often. In today's society, marriage is a dated ideology that died with the American Dream, something, something, something....and included white picket fences. Marriage doesn't seem like such a big deal considering the whole 'til death do us part....or until I pay an attorney. Marriage is gambling that you will bet half your stuff based on the hopes that your significant other upholds their end of the bargain. Shiiiid, I don't trust what I ate for lunch yesterday.

Slightly jaded on this topic as I learned the hard way. Child support, the divorce and all legal nuances, associated with my freedom are finally paid off and the entire ordeal(s), it took me twice to realize how dumb I am, are over.

My only disagreement with this post is that it isn't an advantage to a woman either....unless, family.
I agree with most of your post except the last statement. It's well known that women get the upper hand in family law court. The system provides huge incentives for women to behave badly during divorce proceedings particularly when it comes to matters around children. The majority of physical custody decisions go towards the woman. Child support is calculated based on income and more times than not is a detriment to the father. Between not having 50/50 custody by default and a substantial chunk of money being transferred to the mother, fathers get screwed big time. Until family law changes which means having custody decisions start at 50/50 along with auditing of child support costs in determining the actual needs for the child/children being taken care of, men will continue to get screwed. With the above said, there is no incentive for women to behave in a civil manner during a divorce.
Appreciate 0