View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #42
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
What seems to be missing from so many discussions is thoughtful consideration of the 'other side of the coin'. Read about this teacher and what happened to her and her family. It's this kind of scenario and outcome that any reasonable teacher or admin can't help but be concerned over: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-also-n1233672

P.S. Since NBC is the source, there will be some embedded editorializing masquerading as reporting. Please avoid that and try to just get the facts of what happened.
Few points - assuming everything in the article is factually true:

1. They were teaching a virtual classroom...no kids. The got it anyway.

2. They admit they have no idea how it was contracted - doesn't mean the classroom...most likely they didn't since how could they? Rather they or their family members picked it up in public, infected the rest of them, and then their colleagues.

3. The one that died was high risk, not all teachers have underlying conditions. I don't believe teachers are inherently better than any other member of society or deserve special protection. Everyone else is being asked to do their jobs. So should they.

4. If that's the approach teachers want to take, I better not see them out in public then, since that's at least as unsafe as being in school right? They better be sheltering at home, having food delivered, not sitting on a patio somewhere, or walking about enjoying their day while everyone else struggles to balance, meanwhile collecting their pay out of our pockets. If they're going to talk the talk, they better walk the walk then too.

Can you read between the lines and tell how fed up I am with all the leeches out there (and I'm not referring to teachers here, I'm referring to everyone who doesn't want to work, but does want to keep collecting money)?
Appreciate 2
kscarrol8912.00
zx10guy5149.50