View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #36
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

It depends. My two oldest children from my first marriage went to public school. While it was a small school, the hallways will always be cluttered and there will always be children going in who may or may not have symptoms. I personally would not want my kids going into school, but I do think without school in person their education will be effected negatively so it really is tough. Luckily my youngest just finished high school this last year, but he did miss out on many fun senior activities and spending time with his friends at school. He went to private school and I believe they plan on doing a hybrid system of in person and online with kids only going in on different days, but the tuition will likely still be expensive. He was going to go away for college this year but decided he would rather save the money if he won't get the "college experience" and is taking a gap year while taking some online classes and still working his job part time at the dealership.

Honestly I am very glad my kids are all grown and able to be independent, I can't imagine what hardships parents of pre-school and elementary aged children have right now.

I saw on twitter that one school in Georgia opened for one day and was then shut down after cases occurred of kids contacting the virus.

I have a friend who is a Baltimore City School teacher and she is worried for some of the kids, because without school they are stuck at home in unhealthy environments and risk even further going to the street and getting involved in dangerous situations.