Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I am in an interesting place with all of this having two children (twins) in the 6th grade and a wife that is a 7/8th grade teacher. One element not yet mentioned in here are the countless tears my wife has shed trying to create an entire environment conducive to the level of education she was able to provide in her classrooms. She leads a team of 5 and all have mentioned tendering their resignations. To be clear, they would all like to be back in the classroom, but are being forced to do the hybrid which is causing them sometimes three to four times the work load.

It is difficult for me to tell her to continue to push on and work three times harder for a fraction of the pay I receive. I have told her she should stay the course for the kids, but I wish for her sanity to matter more and that she can resign if she chooses. We both know that now is not the time to quit.

Bottom line, the teachers are struggling and with the terrible pay, worse support and non existent plans, the burden falls even harder in their laps.
My wife is also a teacher that believes kids need the support and has volunteered to be in person as we are "low risk" and not really worried by this virus.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 2
DYoung32.00