TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I've known multiple people with W205s and they all have quality/reliability issues, it's almost comical how every single one of these examples I've seen are problematic. From C300 to a C63s lemon and everything in between.

Just last week I was in my friend's C43 coupe and the B and C pillar were rattling. The retractable seatbelt mechanism squeezes every time.

Such poorly built cars.
The W205 has to be one of the most disappointing Mercedes releases I have experienced.

I remember when they had the concept/production model at the auto show, it was on a spinning platform and you couldn't sit in it and this was before any press drives were available. I thought to myself, if this was the final design and if Mercedes actually put effort into making this a bit more fun to drive, it could completely dethrone the 3 Series. In reality it was complete disappointment. Quality was terrible, the drive wasn't as luxurious as you would expect a Mercedes to feel like even in this class but also didn't feel sporty like a 3 Series. Infotainment was absolute rubbish. Overall, it was pleasing to the eye but the experience was terrible.

Everyone can complain about BMW's being too conservative with their interiors but their quality is never an issue. I still can't believe that something as expensive as a GLE/GLS has that dummy vent on the dash.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 05-16-2022 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9704.00
swanson733.00