11-30-2020, 06:58 AM   #54
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Lovely spec! Thanks for sharing. They make quite a weapon and glad to see you’re enjoying it and getting some well deserved miles and track time in.

Do you still own the M4 GTS too? What was the genesis for the switch?
Still have the GTS. I don't do switches very well... Give me a performance car and I'll probably find reasons it's keeper. I enjoy the strengths, imperfections, and especially the varied driving techniques across the platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
Just curious about your thoughts on an r8 v10 6mt? Is that a car you have much experience with, is it one you considered instead of the GT3 ?(obviously a different price point).
Have road and track time in an R8 V10 6MT. Gated shifter is an all-time great. Endlessly enjoyable. I also really liked the pedals fwiw.

Very different car than the GT3. Much softer, more street friendly. V10 is more subdued than the 4.0 even with an exhaust and tune.

Not a claim of GT3 superiority, but it really is on an island. For a variety of reasons you can't get the same experience elsewhere, which is why so many gush about them, and why the Porsche GT crowd often just rotate between the standard and RS models, some eventually a Cup car.

I can understand wanting the GT3 experience or not, but I'm not aware of a close approximate. Especially in terms of driving dynamics when pushed, or nowadays if you spec a manual.

Appreciate 2
baege1328.00
Humdizzle6036.00