11-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #700
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12nine View Post
Do you have more informations on the new cluster architecture, which
Zipse mentioned? Or the cars related to it?
My understanding is that this is the evolved CLAR matrix we’ve been hearing about in the media for some time now. It will underpin essentially every new BMW from the 3 Series and above starting with the iX, followed by the G70 7 Series, G60 5 Series, and the rest of the upcoming generation. Every product family will be available with electric drive options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSdriver View Post
So what you're saying is there is no evidence of e.g. a B48 successor? I would have expected some noise about this already and I was wanting to ask about it sooner but now I've got my answer
BMW officials have said in the recent past that the current engine lineup is the very last. There will be continued electrification in the form of both mild hybrid and PHEV setups. But don’t expect any wholly new engines.

In fact, some engines may soon be phased out. For example, there are signs that the N63 won’t be around long enough to be hybridized. Instead, the upcoming electrified S63 (which will get a name change to S68) could be the only V8 for the next generation, while everything below might be a B58 (or perhaps S58) hybrid. This is not yet confirmed, however.
Appreciate 1
MPSdriver192.00