View Single Post
      09-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #13
bensaawn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopumpers View Post
All very pleasant responses to the OP's questions thus far. Let me answer a question with a question...

This is a ///M car we're talking about, right?

"Engine braking to save brake pads, optimal gas mileage RPMs, auto blip throttle so no heel toe required, hoping the car doesn't slide" (why, don't want to wear out tires either?)

This car was built to be driven hard. So enjoy it! Brake pads are consumables. Replace them.

My answers:
For city driving, do whatever you like. For enthusiastic driving, learn to brake very hard (with the brakes not the engine helping). Learn to perfect heel-n-toe and disable the silly auto-blip

Most importantly, go to your local BMWCCA (or any other) HPDE events

Have fun
Yup! asking about driving the new 2015 F80.

I normally just drive what feels comfortable, minimizing gear shifts (to save clutch) and minimizing slippage when driving. I enjoy driving my car conservatively with the odd time of blowing some steam when a fella tails me. I just wanted to gauge whether my current driving habits are considered normal or out of character. I rarely have anybody else who is experienced with manual sit in my car as I drive to provide feedback, but to your point, those events should really help me out! (didnt know they existed until now). The only problem is, im in canada, so the BMWCCA wouldnt apply. I guess I could google some places north of the border.

Thanks for the response
Appreciate 0