View Single Post
      09-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #12
bensaawn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
On the engine braking issue, the common wisdom is use the brakes to slow down, not the engine. YMMV, but I disregard the common wisdom and engine brake like crazy. My E90 330i has 8 years and 105K miles on it and the original clutch is still fine and the original brakes still report they'll last another 30K miles. I've daily driven various MT cars for 27 years now (God, that math is depressing) and have never burned through a clutch on any of them. I should add I rev-match downshifts out of force of habit, so I'm sure that saves wear on my clutch. But the F8x has auto-rev matching, so you won't need to do that. As for myself, I'm looking forward to trying auto-rev matching. I think it will be hard to get un-used to blipping the throttle, but it sounds like a cool feature.
Wow thats a lot of mileage on those clutches and brakes. That would be considered on the high range right? What would be an average clutch mileage for an M car when driving relatively conservative?

Also for the autorev, do you know if the car keeps the throttle at that rev matching rpm or do they blip it?

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0