United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by naywa01 View Post
I'm fascinated by threads like these that pop up on this forum, asking things like 'how much do you earn', 'what age are you' etc. I may be a bit paranoid, but it makes me a bit suspicious in this age of social engineering and scams etc. In any case, would anyone seriously answer personal questions like that in such a public place?

As someone else pointed out, you also have to wonder what the motive is for asking the question, is it just to reassure that they're in good company by saying 'look I bought a car that only people earning X can afford'?

Having said all that I've always aimed high with my cars, meaning that I've let my heart rule my head and just gone for it. Now I've never owned a F3rrari or Lambo and likely never will, but I can't complain about what I have owned/do own (or at least pay to put on my driveway!).

I've always had finance of some description, whether its a loan, direct finance or a lease, but at this level how often does anyone go into a dealer and slap down a bag of cash (that's a rhetorical question BTW, if you do have this amount of money just laying around, good for you).

I buy nearly new/used, as I've bought new cars previously and politely decline to lose a chunk of money the instant I drive away (current market conditions excepted I guess). I might consider it again with the right incentives, but unlikely and I'm not that particular about spec that I absolutely must do a 'build' (as seems to be the popular phrase round these parts; I just call it ordering).

TLDR; What I earn is nobodies business except my own, just enjoy your cars.
There's a reason I never post specific info on my exact age, where I work etc online
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0