11-26-2021, 06:04 AM   #11
NoMoreVauxhalls
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by z€No View Post
A friend of mine is trying to convince me to invest since about 3 months now. I'm still not sure if i should take the risk of investing
It's worth a punt only if you are prepared to write off whatever you invest. I'm not mining - I'm just investing in crypto. And am only a very small fish in the crypto scene - but around three years ago a bunch of people at the place I work decided to get on this crypto thing. This was around the time that Bitcoin got to $50k so it was big news.

So I jumped with them and bought 12 different coins/tokens spending around £100 - £150 on each - (small fish like I said, lol). I couldn't afford the big ones, so my idea was to load up on the low-priced tokens (such as IOT, ADA, Ripple, etc.) with the hope that, in the future, one of these would 'spike' and I'd be on my way!

Things crashed soon after. So for most of the last three years, my 'investment' has performed terribly and I was perpetually in a loss. I was cool with that, though, as I'd written it all off anyway.

From the start of 2021 things started looking up - and for all of this year I've been in profit.

Interestingly, one of the coins I invested in back then is MANA - which is the native cryptocurrency in virtual reality-based Decentraland. I had no idea about all of that at the time, lol - I just bought a random selection of cheap coins and this was one of them!

The interesting thing about MANA, though, is that Decentraland is linked to the metaverse. You might have heard Mark Zuckerberg talking about that recently - especially as he has renamed his company, FaceBook, to "Meta", and said that the metaverse is the company's future.

So - in the last few weeks since this announcement was made, my MANA crypto has absolutely, definitely gone through the roof It's like Zuckerberg put a bomb under it, and I'm amazed at how much my portfolio is worth now. Certainly not enough to buy a Lambo - lol. But maybe a decent used X5 hahaahha.

As the metaverse is only in it's earliest, nascent stages, I'll be hanging on to these MANA coins for dear life. It might all crash and burn, but still - I'm excited to see what these will be worth in five years time

NOTE: I'm not recommending that you invest in any cryptos in particular, as I'm not qualified to do so. Just giving you my story as I was in a similar position to you three years ago. I've just been extremely lucky with my MANA so far.

As mentioned before, if you do decide to invest, take baby steps. And only put in an amount that won't cause you financial difficulty if things go tits up

Last edited by NoMoreVauxhalls; 11-26-2021 at 06:18 AM..
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
z€No2.50