View Single Post
      09-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #14
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosef81 View Post
Surely there has to be a bit of insanity with this purchase. I specced an m4 comp with the ultimate pack (needed to make the looks tolerable) and it came out to £87605.. I then went to Porsche and specced out a base 911 (porsche code PM1UC3S7) and it came out to £91422. Now tell me with hand on heart that the driving experiences will be comparable, or the looks of the m4 really seduce you over that of a 992. For the final nail in the coffin, which do you think will pose the better resale prospect?

So I reiterate the question from the OP, why are you guys doing this to yourselves?

The only way I will go back to BMW for another m4 is if they discount it by £10000... Little hope for that.
It is very likely we will se significant discounts on the M4 a year or so after release. These are not limited edition cars and coupes do not sell, hence the huge discounts on M8s and their discontinuation.

I hear you about the 911. The problem is you're comparing it to a base 911, which virtually doesn't exist. If you add in even the fewest reasonable options, expect to easily tack on another $10K to the 911. If you want comparably equipped, you're easily at $20K beyond the base price and likely higher. Additionally, 911s do not have near the practicality of an M4. While not as comfortable as an M3, you can actually fit two 6 footers in the back seat of an M4. You also have a full size trunk. So, while people might cross shop these cars, they are actually quite different and really at very different price points.

Here in the U.S. I am anticipating that we can lease the G8X Ms for under $1K/month. There are no 911 leases that come anywhere close. Also, for purchase, assuming an $85K OTD price for an M4, with a 20% down payment, my monthly payments are about $1,200 based on my credit union's 1.99% interest rate.

For a 911 - I'm talking base 911 not even an S, assuming an OTD price of $120K with a 20% down payment (which would be $7K more than the M4), my monthly payments would be $1,700.

So these are really different classes of cars and hard to cross shop due to the price... at least here in the U.S.
Appreciate 3
Jcali861479.00
SYT_Shadow11500.00