Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalom3 View Post
My take on the red light cameras as you have mentioned is another way the city or cities to make money. Yes, I believe it is a scam. One reason the city that I reside in got rid of them is because the cost and up keep to have red light cameras were too expensive. I don't think you get points either.
In NYC, we have both red light cameras and now school zone speed cameras. They recently changed the rules on where the cameras could be placed, which of course allowed more cameras. Also, it used to be the cameras were only operational when school was in session. Now they are on Monday - Friday from 6:00 am to 10 pm all year long. Ironically, when ALL schools were closed during lock down, the cameras were operational. And when all non essential businesses were on lock down, the city was busy at work installing new cameras. I guess that contractor was deemed essential

On a main road close to my house, the speed limit in one direction is 40 mph. In the opposite direction it drops to 30 mph on the same stretch of roadway. There is a speed camera within feet of the reduced speed sign.

It's a riot to see the things people do to obstruct their plates.
Here in California, school zone speed enforcement is only in play if the school is in session and/or the law enforcement official can articulate there was activity at the school. Absent one of those two criteria, it's just a speeding ticket rather than a school zone enhanced ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalom3 View Post
My take on the red light cameras as you have mentioned is another way the city or cities to make money. Yes, I believe it is a scam. One reason the city that I reside in got rid of them is because the cost and up keep to have red light cameras were too expensive. I don't think you get points either.
It becomes particularly expensive when you have an individual(s) who is willing to go for a little stroll in the wee hours of the morning past the speed cameras with a baseball bat and do a little tweaking of their positioning and shape.
'Merica!
Appreciate 2
mahalom3163.00
Joekerr7929.00