Phantom_9192
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Need some input quickly :)

Hi all-
I am seriously considering buying my dream car in the next couple of days, an M3.
I am looking at an '03 with 44k miles and the SMG. It's a beautiful piece of machinery.

Couple of questions:
I've read up on the SMG, and even though I drive a race car on weekends (when I can ) I was uh... pretty violent in my test drive. I know I can get to where I'm much smoother with a little practice.
My main questions about the SMG are:
1) is it driveable for my wife in auto mode? I understand that the answer may just be "well she'll have to try it and see".
2) are there any issues with the '03 SMG? How long can I expect it to last?

Couple of other questions:
3) what does a standard oil change, etc. cost from an avg dealership and how often does the car need it?
4) I would like to plan on driving this car past 100k miles... is that realistic for an M3?
5) anything else I should know about the car? Especially problems or concerns, including things to look for? I will likely have it inspected by a BMW dealership in town before I pull the trigger on it.

It's a smoking deal financially and I love the color combo (the Imola red interior even grew on me when I saw the car in person).

All opinions are welcome! This is a big decision for me... I'm in your capable hands.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0