View Single Post
      01-03-2021, 11:07 PM   #96
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpalmer71 View Post
I don't disagree with this sentiment. Although I've owned 2 Genny's and am a believer in their ability to produce a solid luxury vehicle. But...everyone seems to do this with their models that are perceived as being "hot" at their release. Honda dealers did it with the Type R...BMW....Mercedes....KIA now. I'm having a hard time thinking of any manufacturers who's dealers DON'T fall into this practice honestly. Except for Tesla that is. But if they had a traditional dealer network I'd venture to guess it would be the same song there too. I'm not a fan of the practice and can't ever see myself partaking in paying over MSRP, just like you. I find it hard to believe Genesis will be hurt by the practice, but again, time will tell, you could be correct.
My opinion on this is that those are well established brands doing it and basically just on highly desired limited production cars. Not a run of the mill luxury car that hasn’t proven itself. I think Kia tried that with the Stinger and it didn’t pay off well. I don’t see or hear about them very much at all.
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 0