Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Wow, the complete integration with factory features (receptacles, mounts, and... OEM heated seat integration, WHAT?!) just catapulted these to the top of my wish list.

So you were able to provide a third party's leather to Cobra for in house upholstering?

If you don't mind, would you PM me the cost of all the above seat customization (leather + OEM heated seat integration), or where I can obtain this info/which Cobra distributor you purchased from? I am looking to do exactly this with Fox Red leather in my E92.
Yeah, I provided the relicate leather and BMW seat heater pads to Cobra, they did them in house on their standard production line.

Cobra needed 1.5 hides. Relicate would only sell complete hides, so I ordered 2, which I think cost ~$1200? It was a while ago now.

Cobra was extremely reasonable on their pricing-- it didn't cost much beyond the standard leather seat pricing. It did add time, as I wasn't buying from their stock, and then I had to wait for the next shipping container of seats to come (well, unless I had wanted to pay for shipping seats from England by plane-- I didn't )

I got them from HMS.

Cobra has a bunch of leathers in house-- they might well have one that's a good match for Fox Red that you could get at no additional cost. I'm sure they'd be willing to send you a sample piece for free. Imola red leather was a bit of a pain in my ass-- I went through a ton of samples, from different suppliers, till I found one that was a sufficiently good match (BMW no longer sells hides of Imola leather).

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0