01-02-2017, 09:44 AM   #10
int
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 (2013 335XI) & F48 (2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poon Stick View Post
I'm looking to have the MPPSK fitted to my car, but my dealer is completely unwilling to barter on the parts because I'm in Canada and there are no Canadian shops that sell the kit (that I've found). After doing the math on conversion rates, shipping, etc I can save nearly $1k if I buy the kit online from the US.

What exactly is in the kit if I order it online? A large part of the upgrade is software, so am I likely to have the dealer refuse to that portion if I don't buy the kit through them? Is $1k really worth the hassle and potential warranty woes?
I went to my dealer (in Montreal) with the P/N of the part I was going to buy. They were ok with me buying the kit and having them simply install it. However, the labor to install it was, at least as far as I was concerned, INSANE; the kit would have costed me about $1100USD online for my car ('13 335XI), but the labor cost was well over $1000 ($1600 if I remember correctly) -- the total came to ~$3000 with the conversion, so I opted against it... especially after reading that most people seem unsatisfied with the upgrade, and except for warranty concerns, most people seem to prefer going with an aftermarket tune.

To answer your original question, the MPPK (M Performance Power Kit, though not sure what the "S" is in your question - maybe the 2015+ cars come with a kit that's more 'enhanced') includes: "engine tuning software" (according to BMW), a replacement air intake, an "M Performance" engine cover, and rocker panel decals (which say "M Performance")
Appreciate 0