bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Fuck. Never left a hospital with a bill except for the TV in my room. You guys pay way less in taxes then we do north of the boarder but hospital bills can add up. Hopefully they don't find anything serious, because that's where the big money could start. Peace, hope you're all good.
I don't wanna start a healthcare discussion between Canada and the US here but as you said if it's a serious condition then it can get expensive real fast in the US. About ten years ago my wife was diagnosed with brain aneurysm. She passed out at work, they called the ambulance and then called me. Within one hour we were in the helicopter to Toronto. They did the operation same night and basically saved her life using a new operation procedure. They kept her in the hospital for two weeks and made a room for me and our family (private). After they released her, because I couldn't have my car, they hired a private patient carrier and drove both of us home. The cost of operation 150,000, my cost zero. I rather pay the high taxes and not worry about what if.

Have a great night.
That's really great - seriously glad you had a good outcome. But for non-emergencies, refer to the previous post about waiting over 4 months for an MRI.