View Single Post
      02-16-2021, 06:49 PM   #1946
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I find the fans being upset with this car strange. They hadn't built a Supra in 25 years so not like they suddenly screwed it up. What Toyota produced isn't what the fans wanted (completely Toyota with a Toyota inline 6) but if we waited for that it would have never happened. No chance Toyota was building an engine just for this car so next option is a standard Toyota V-6, turbocharged? I prefer the engine that's in it. The gripes don't seem to be with the end product just it's pedigree.
I think it's because they want something that is going to be reliable in the long term and isn't going to be a major headache when the warranty runs out. That is what Toyota is known for. Some are also upset because it's going to be limited too, or handicapped on what BMW decides as stated by this forums insider. Kind of lame for a halo car imo, and furthers the argument about this being a project of compromises.

Personally I don't love it, but I also don't hate it and I'm glad something like this even exist in the day and age of crossover dominance. However in it's present form it just isn't appealing to me.
Appreciate 0