View Single Post
      04-30-2024, 07:21 AM   #314
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
No one is denying that Hamilton won most of his championships because of a car performance advantage.

Did you watch the season where Rosberg won the championship? I'm guessing not, otherwise you wouldn't come out with such nonsense.

LOL you seriously believe the joke that Hamilton had a "no Verstappen" clause...brilliant.
When Verstappen was blabbing on about how he could win in the Mercedes Wolff offered him a test drive session to see how he would fare against Hamilton.
Verstappen of course bottled it, never replied and kept quiet after that.

If anyone has a clause like that in his contract it would be Verstappen...why else is Perez still there...its not because he is fast, he isn't...its because he is no threat to Verstappen taking wins.
If Verstappen was as good as you believe he would welcome any of the top drivers to join him at Red Bull to show he really is the best...but Verstappen at least understands that he would likely be shown up as decent but not special.

It is true, put Verstappen in a dominant car, set up to his preferences and with a second rate team mate he can indeed win races.
However up against Ricciardo he couldn't match him.

I don't think 3 years to get the hang of not over driving and crashing everywhere is someone who learns quickly...quite the opposite.

I do hope he ends up at Mercedes alongside Russell on equal terms then we will get a better idea of where Verstappen is in the hierarchy of drivers.
Max has no ego, especially not a fragile one like Ham. Why do you think Ham wanted to keep Bot? He knew Bot was a bottom of the grid driver who just listened to team orders. It's funny you keep mentioning crashes, when early in his career Ham crashed as much as Max, and Ham has been at the top of the contact/crash list in the last 4 years - crashing in situations only a rookie would, not to mention the dirty driving he's always been known for. Again, none of these guys had the skills at 17 to be in F1 and the maturity level at that age vs men who are in their early to mid 20s is massive. I remember being a college freshman, playing D1 lacrosse, and how much different the 5th years guys who were 22/23 years old seemed. Ham has never been a great wheel to wheel racer, whereas Max has had many battles, and clean ones in the past 4 years. Even Alo said Ham only knows how to drive when he is up front...so true!
Sorry, but Ham has proven without a material advantage his driving is average at best. His MB in 2022/3 was the second best car on the grid and he could barely do anything with it.
Max has also said he doesnt care who races next to him because they will end up behind him - at least go by facts since he's never said anything like that. The opposite it true though - people are afraid to go to RB.
Yes, I've seen 2016, and fact of the matter is, he lost to Ros who is not anyone I'd call above an average driver at best. Max would never lose to someone like that. Fact is, MB drivers were always so close because Ham just could never find that much daylight between him and average at best drivers. That and the fact that he's having a hard time beating mr crash/flop Rus tells you all you need to know.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 04-30-2024 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 3