United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
I just don't like Mac OS. No task bar (pain in the @$$ to switch windows) first comes to mind. Everything is in a tiny window rather than full screen. Mouse acceleration feels awkward, moving the mouse slowly doesn't feel right on a Mac to me. Programs (although using the same hardware as PC's now) seem to take longer to start on Mac's with similar or better hardware.

Now for what I do like about Macs: Bootcamp, you can load Windows on your Macintrash. I guess they're free from any kind of viruses.
Do you really put your apps full screen these days? Unless you are still using a 15" CRT monitor. That's one of the big problems with Windows IMO. It doesn't scale well to larger sized monitors. Larger display generally means the ability to multitask and view docs from different applications side by side.

You can control mouse settings in the prefs and if you are using a 3rd party mouse like a microsoft or logitech, they have 3rd party drivers that allow you to customize them just as you would on a PC.

There are a bunch of ways to switch windows on the mac. There's command-tab, expose, and just focusing on the document that you can see on your large display because there's no need to view (most) apps full screen.

As far as application startup speeds, there are way too many variables to compare them directly. For now I'll just say that's complete BS.

Anything new takes time to learn. It took me about 9 months before I felt as comfortable on the mac as I did in windows. And for the record, I didn't like all the differences at first either. Nobody likes change. I bet if you used a mac for 9 months (full time, not once in awhile), and actually took the time to learn how things work, you'd probably never look back. The only reason I run windows is to occasionally play a few games.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0