12-27-2023, 04:18 AM   #3
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Some additional input:

1. My install kit came with more than I needed and some parts I didn't use (just reused the old ones - like the exhaust manifold studs). Also, I ordered extra o-rings to ensure I had enough (I like to have extra). Gathering the parts yourself that you want to replace will likely be cheaper.

2. I'd rather have space and remove extra things than have to get cut up & cramp up my hands and break parts/strip bolts because I can't get at them well, so I removed the oil/water heat exchanger & bracket, coolant reservoir and replaced the water pump & thermostat at the same time. This gave me much easier access to everything. Not necessary, but gave me some level(s) of comfort/ease.

3. Consider removing the motor mount arm to give yourself more access (between the block and the mount). Loosening this up also allows the motor mount to come out more easily without raising the engine with the support bar very far.

4. Follow the procedures for setting the EWG and I'd bet you won't need ISTA. I have yet to start my car after doing mine, but I have great confidence in the EWG because I followed the manual's measurements.

Good luck! Happy to help with any questions!

Last edited by M2guru; 12-27-2023 at 04:27 AM..
Appreciate 3
F87source7368.50
samsamdar629.00
Mr_M//123.50