F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Hey y'all,
I'm potentially looking to DIY a PS2 on my car sometime next month and was wondering if anyone knew the answers to the following F87-specific questions:

1. Anyone know what the turbo install kit entails? PNs specifically? I'm swapping the turbos between 2 cars so need 2 install kits and would prefer to get it from FCP incase I do another swap in the future
2. Does the subframe have to come out in the M2 to get the turbo out?
3. Will I have to hoist up the motor and remove the passenger rear engine mount? Or will there be enough room to get the turbo out with the mount still in?
4. Will the EWGs need adjustment if I'm just swapping directly between two M2s? The adjustment only requires ISTA (no mechanical tools), right?

Thanks!
1. There are quite a few part numbers to list, so I recommend getting ISTA and checking out which parts you need to do. But to name a few: exhaust manifold bolts, exhaust manifold gaskets, probably new o-rings for the oil lines etc.

2. No, you just have to remove the passenger side (on an LHD car) motor mount, so you will need an E46 tow hook and an engine support.

3. You will only have to lift the engine a few cm to remove the passenger side motor mount, that'll give you alot of access underneath to remove the turbo. Downpipe needs to come out as well. You must remove the engine mount or else you will not have enought room to remove the entire turbo.

4. You should still use ISTA to recalibrate the EWG motor. Mechanical adjustments shouldn't be required unless the EWG actuator linkage was moved/adjusted accidentally. You should still inspect it to make sure it can be fully closed and opened.
samsamdar629.00
M2guru425.50