View Single Post
      11-28-2023, 07:56 AM   #23
katkins
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I'm aware that Steve Gendron, owner of Collingwood Fine Cars, the shop that is responsible for the condition of the rims has read this thread.

In an email, he doubled down that this is normal corrosion caused by brine. Just wondering if that is the case, isn't it strange that the rims were stored without damage in the season prior and those same rims were on the car and garaged in the winter the season before and were undamaged. Further, isn't it strange that when driving around Collingwood on the weekend and studying every vehicle we passed, we didn't see a single rim that resembled these despite this being very common. All very strange.

I was going to update this post that Steve replaced our rims and that we are happy with our rims but when we dropped it off, he a) refused to show us the rims he purchased and b) took multiple photos of our car, sending a petty email itemizing damage that I myself had made them aware of prior to the original drop off thus inferring we were attempting to scam them for existing damage.

Finally, Steve had some very petty words for the dealers that were kind enough to offer an opinion. He wrote they had "no education or experience" and that they "spread misinformation" simply by telling me that is what not normal and that they had not seen that level of corrosion on rims. Frankly, that says more than enough about the author.
Appreciate 0