10-28-2023, 09:42 AM   #36
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I think Toyota made major mistakes in how they approached the 2010s with borderline little to no innovation on turbo motors, being last on tech and losing a lot of market share to the Germans. I am sure that is a major reason why he was asked to leave as well... Now they are releasing cars like the new US landcruiser about 5-6 years too later however-

Where I think they went very right was to continue to invest in Hybrid tech while everyone else went all out on EVs.
I just have never understood why GM abandoned the Voltec architecture. The Volt was just so far ahead as a hybrid engineering solution, maybe now with the delay in EV rollout, GM will dig into the coffers and bring it back. Maybe GM just knew California was going to invoke an all-out ICE ban.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 3
chassis6690.50
ASAP10250.00