06-13-2023, 06:49 PM   #63
ghaffari46
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
Been saying this for some time in regards to these new designs that people mention they will need time to warm up to.

If I’m not feeling warm sitting down taking a look at it on my phone screen, I’m not going to magically become excited by it in person. People did grow to like the G8x, I love the S58, just not a fan of the design language choices mated to it and that’s okay. They have a road presence but in person still don’t do it for me look wise, drive wise of course it’s better, that’s engineering over time.

I can sit here and look at a new 718 and say “wow I really like this design” from me looking at it on an iPhone then see it in person and become a child again. I don’t feel that same sensation for the more recent BMW lineup but I do appreciate their engineering boundaries that they keep pushing with each new generation.
Sounds like im taking with both sides of my mouth, but I agree with you regarding newer bmw design is foucus more on engineering and functionality rather than “awe” factor.
I especially loved the design of m6gc, it had a superb design and the real head turner, but really pain in butt while driving on high way, steering was sucked.
I couldn’t make myself buy a m8gc though, the design, especially from side is pretty meh, and nothing especial. Just a big sedan.
At the same time, people are buying more and more BMWs, it means that they are doing “something” right.
And we are in minority!
Attached Images

Appreciate 6