03-07-2023, 08:45 AM   #19
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagob5 View Post
Just FYI, the YT algorithm is just showing you more of what you're watching / what it thinks you may like based on your history. Why? To keep you engaged so you stay on the platform longer. If all your watching is pro-right video's, then you'll create your own echo chamber.
While this is true it's shit. Here is the thing with YT. It does show me things I would be interested in, but it keeps showing me the same things over and over again. I watch YT on my TV when I want to watch something but not really wanting to dedicate serious time to watch a movie or show. Anyways it keeps repeating the same videos over and over. Scroll right same videos, scroll down same videos. On my computer I actually have several YT accounts I can login to just to see different stuff, unfortunately on the TV it's a bit of a pita. I think yes they should recommend the stuff they 100% know you like, but also throw in there something else just to keep it fresh. How do you know I don't like something when you have never shown it to.

Of course then you logout completely and see what it recommends.... wtf are people watching!!
Appreciate 0