View Single Post
      12-02-2022, 07:37 PM   #157
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post

The only way my argument is toast, is when we all wake up one morning, go on the interwebzzzzz and read, "EV is BEING PUSHED BACK, mandates are now 2050. The WORLD IS NOT READY for an EV push".
Quoting because this is exactly what will happen, it will be easier for me to find it that way.

Quote:
The desire and interest has shifted towards this EV movement.
Interest, desire, and growth of the segment is for basic commuters. AKA cars that suck. There is a projection that US annual EV sales will be 3 million in ~5 years. Those won't be Plaids. They will be econo boxes. Tesla is losing market share quickly even as volume increases. Space daddy has a huge problem on his hands.

There is a reason Plaid is currently the EV king, it's because so few other cars are targeted to meat-heads that only care about straight line speed. Even Tesla sells only a few of them in comparison to their other more boring cars. The ratio is like 1:25. I could buy a plaid today if I wanted one there are several in stock just an hour away and ready to pickup today. They are in stock all over the country. That has been true where I live for almost 2 years.

Quote:
How many car makers are ditching of even going hybrid and going straight to EV?
Cadillac says they will be 100% EV by 2026, Genesis says 2025. There are others, I won't bother looking them all up. They are busy painting themselves into a corner.

Last edited by chad86tsi; 12-02-2022 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0