View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 02:36 PM   #41
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I actually had a Framus Dragon for the End of Heartache guitar tones. Wasn't very successful at squeezing it out but I guess you just explained why.

Has their quality/sound changed after ownership change?

I play out of a solid state combo amp now lmao. If I start playing as much as I used to, I would consider it but probably unlikely.
The Cobra is a bad ass amp and they used those as well. KSE's tone is pretty simple = boost pedal into a SLO-style amp, needs a good depth control to have present but tight low-end.

Quality is still really great - they were bought by Boutique Amps Distribution (BAD), of which I'm pretty sure Dave Friedman is an owner, but their brands are all extremely high end and known for hand made amps (Friedman, Bogner, Diezel, Soldano, Morgan, Tone King, etc.). It's actually the main reason why some of these legendary brands have survived.

If you have a computer interface, you can try the Soldano SLO plugin by NeuralDSP. Those guys make incredible plug-ins that sound as good as the real thing in a mix. In fact, all of Intervals' latest album, Circadian, was recorded exclusively with the Neural plug-ins and that whole album tonally sounds amazing. They also often do 50% off deals on them quite often. https://neuraldsp.com/plugins/soldano-slo-100

This guy got pretty close with the plug-in:

Also straight from the horse's mouth, SLO was the Daylight Dies tone:
NYG11036.50