09-11-2022, 10:45 AM   #320
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post

So, I searched the Thread on the word "only". The word is found in 81 posts out of the 319 posts in the Thread; keep in mind that count includes duplicate "quoted" posts in other people's replies.

Post #184 is the first time anyone in the Thread made the statement that "you can only have fun driving a manual". Post #184 was written by you. As I wrote a few days ago, you are only arguing with yourself. NO ONE else has made that point. None of the manual transmission advocates on this Thread have emphatically stated they "can only have fun shifting a manual transmission".

It is only in your head dude, and you keep repeating it like some Diehard Advocate for the Manual Transmission made the argument first and you have to defend the manual-shifting automatic transmission because you think others believe they can't enjoy or have fun driving a car with an automatic transmission (even in manual mode).

You really need to drop it. LOL

330i guy said it.

And another person said automatic is like 95% manual. And i corrected him and said 90%. Because it is.

Automatic, whether in auto or manual mode (better in manual mode) holds the RPM's, just a manual would.

Automatic, whether in auto or manual mode (probably better in manual mode to satisfy the purists, would be as enjoyable as a manual would.

My take on the 90/10% means it obviously can't be 100% because that 10% requires a clutch pedal and your constant need to shift your own gears.

A proper auto/dct will eliminate that 10% providing the same enjoyable experience.

You really need to drop it LOL
Appreciate 0