09-05-2022, 04:32 PM   #195
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
My word choice may have been a bit more aggressive than I intended. When i said "spirited" in a DD, I didn't mean hooning in the backroads like I might in the bimmers. That would completely miss the poiint of getting this type of car. I fully intend this to be a car for something like an errands trip or something with lots of stop around town.
I don't know how you treat or drive your dailys but my daily is a daily only. Every daily i had in the past strictly gets used monday-friday as i have other cars and a motorcycle (during warm months) to use. My tesla for what i use it for is PERFECT. I don't even use the car on the weekend. I either charge it at home using my slow ass 120V lol. Or i leave it parked at the GF's house where she has level 2 charging. Plus she likes that car more than any other car i own so sometimes she uses it as well. That's why she wants one of her own.

Doing errands with this car is the best. You get in and you go. Imagine sitting at lights, or in drive thru's and you have your cars fucking hot ass heat radiating and reaching into your window? I get none of that in the model 3 obviously. Sometimes i would feel bad for my car in summertime with my ICE dailys idling in a lot somewhere in 100 degree weather with the AC blasting because i was eating something, or on a conference call etc.

Those problems are no more when you're in an EV.

Quote:
For example, there's a heavily (and properly) banked S-curve near me that has a pointlessly low speed limit that my cars could probably hit at twice the posted limit without breaking a sweat. I once took it at not even 10 over in a Q5 and while it still went without any issues, you suddenly became aware of the weight of the car. It's hard to explain, it's not like the car even swayed, but as you turned, you know it's there. And you could tell if you ever pushed the car in this situation, the front would definitely give out. It's not just SUVs, certain cars do this too, usually the heavier or awkwardly weighted ones. I was curious if the Tesla is prone to the same behaviour or if it's different since the weight placement is super low on them.

I'm sure if you took a curve or 2 you'll be fine. But for a track day or purposely taking this car out for twisties and i don't think it'll work.

My car came with shitty all seasons and i'm sure that tire was designed for the best rolling resistance for max range. I didn't even take off my hub caps off my wheels even though the actual wheel is really nice because i want max range lol. In case i can't charge the car at the GF or go to a supercharger.

If you put a decent tire on the car, i can't see why you couldn't have a bit of fun from time to time. Just know that this isn't the car for that job. Even if you got the performance with better suspension and better brakes? i'm sure those consumables would be hell at a track day.

You just have to know the purpose you're getting this car for.

A very quick point and shoot car with great tech, simplicity and insane acceleration? The model 3 long range/performance is the one for you. If you need a bigger car get the model Y long range/performance.
Appreciate 0