09-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #189
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
I love the MT in my 325 because its just a light, fun car in general and ripping through the gears is just a essential part of the driving experience in how i've got it set up

When I got my e92, i was planning to MT swap it as soon as possible but after owning it for some years, the desire kind of died because i mainly used it for cruising around and longer "touring" trips. I do miss the gears sometimes but other times im perfectly content cruising around in M mode as my XHP flash does make things more fun than the standard slushy AT mapping. I still want to do a trans swap but nowadays it's moreso a want for a DCT or ZF8. PLUS, I still have my MT fun car so I can still get the fix if i really need to

Do you feel the weight of the batteries? My SO and I have been looking for an EV as a DD. And while the purpose of a DD isn't whipping it through the twisties, I do enjoy still hitting on ramps or canyon roads with a bit of "oomph" on occasion.

Something I've noticed on SUVs though is even if it's "light and nimble" feeling in straightline stop and go, you typically immediately feel the weight when changing directions with any sort of gusto. Do you feel this weight in the tesla?
(I know, its not exactly apples to apples, and a typical SUV is going to be vastly different to EVs in general in comparison due to the location of weight). Just curious if you still get that weird, "you're about to understeer!" feeling you get with heavier vehicles
For me I keep the model 3 in FL. Not many twist and turns, however for the type of driving I do there, mostly straight highway and in town, it's awesome. Flooring it never gets old.

That being said I did bring it to NC once and drove it up the mountain. Not really into the back roads, but still pretty curvy mountain highway. Personally, I find the Cayenne more engaging in that circumstance than the model 3. The model 3 is planted and it's not like it has body roll or feels floaty or anything. It just doesn't have the feel the Cayenne does, plus I can at least paddle shift in the Cayenne... I still love it though. Also I'm not driving them to the point where understeer would even start to show up.

Now that's one time on one road so take that as you will.
Appreciate 0