View Single Post
      07-18-2022, 03:23 PM   #8
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Solid car. I couldn't make the change due to the lack of tech, worse interior quality and aesthetics, observed operational issues and errors during multiple test drives, and a dealership and service network that seems to be shrinking instead of expanding.

The $20-30k discount from my G82s was compelling, as were elements of the drive such as the exotic-feeling fixed aluminum shift pedals and exhaust note in Race (though that required DSC OFF in the older ones that I drove).

Check the tires - the ones that I drove that made the best impression all had PZero Corsa (essentially Cup 2 equivalents). The steering better matched the chassis with those tires; otherwise, the steering seemed faster than the car's actual handling capabilities. The speed of the steering gave the car a short wheelbase kind of feel (a la M2 or similar), which I enjoyed.

If Alfa went all-in and offered a 10-year bumper-to-bumper warranty, I'd buy one. That's what they need to steal customers away who are otherwise unsure about the brand. I don't know how BMW sold a single F80 with this car available in 2016.
Appreciate 3
'Cane8717.50
Lakeside400.00
DO4441410.50