Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Yeah price has sky rocketed. I bought my first MP5 with a giggle switch and all the rails already on it in 2001. $8000. Wish I had bought every one I could have found. Oh well. But the wait for it was eternity. I bought it one week prior to 9/11. And of course part of the process is an FBI background check and they were kind of busy chasing down other stuff for a while.

I sold that one when I had a health scare and didn't want to leave it for my wife to figure out what was what and how to get the money back. Felt better and decided I had to have one again. Paid $43k through Ruben at that link for one a year ago and already it's worth more. Mine has the registered sear which is always more desirable than the registered receivers he currently has available. He would probably buy it back for $43K.

If you buy from that site I linked two primary factors kick in. First, he is absolutely trustworthy and you get a seriously good condition gun that will work out of the box. He reconditions them all before sale. It's the Cadillac ride of buying NFA. Second - you pay premium prices. LOL.

And yeah, ammo is higher (I think I used to buy 9mm for about $125 per 1000 rounds) and in general anything you wanted was available and delivered fast. Ahhhh the good old days. Still, might look back in 5 years and think "why didn't I get one then". Never know. They sure do out perform my stock portfolio.
I almost bought one from Ruben back in 2002 for $10,000. I kick myself every time I think about it for not buying it then.
Appreciate 2