11-12-2021, 12:11 PM   #145
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
I'm not going to call this a swing and a miss. It's a better looking Civic and if I was deciding between the two, I'd choose the Integra. To me it's better looking by far. The new Civic doesn't jive with me at all.

I think the bigger issue was Acura's marketing campaign prior to the reveal. They hyped this way too hard as a bigger deal than what was revealed yesterday, a Civic SI clone. When you promote it the way they did, I expected something a little more groundbreaking underneath the sheet metal than an automatic transmission option.

Acura has been all hype for a while, it's getting old. Marketing doesn't sell enthusiast oriented cars to enthusiasts, substance does. And there isn't much here in my opinion.
I'm looking forward to higher end versions, but the precedent that this reveal set is that I may as well just look to Honda to see what's coming since a new exterior and a badge seems to be all Acura is capable of doing.
Agreed. Their marketing lately has been at worse, completely misleading and inaccurate to at best, overhyped abuse of old badges.

The TLX Type S with the staged drag races showing it beating an S4 and website showing misleading comparisons between it and the m340i, proclaiming that the Acura had the better transmission because it was 10 speed vs. 3 series' 8 speed. And now this integra, so much hype behind it only to show something that looks nearly identical to a civic at first glance (because... it is).

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
minn1914078.00