Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
The M8 is about 70% more expensive, a totally different class, not really comparable. If you have allocated budget north of $150K for your next car, then you get the M8 over the M3, period. If you need to track, in the M8 price range, you can get the Porsche 911 GTS. In other words, if this is your budget range, there are better options than the M3.
The M3 build that I would do is right about $100K, the M8 build that I would do is $133K and I would be choosing less options with it as that is the top of my budget.

They are 2 very different cars for sure and it's a weird comparison. It's probably a moot point anyway because my dealership doesn't have any M8 allocations either. As I said, I already did an early trade in and am not willing to just call that ~$4,600 tax credit a wash so I'm not shopping other makes. The M8 is the only other thing that really interests me but it is a much larger car too and I like the size and agility of the M3.

At the end of the day I'm pretty sure that I would be the happiest in the M3 so I should probably just deal with the stupid wait and not knowing when I will get an allocation.
Personally I have an F90 M5 and just ordered a G80 xdrive. MSRP is close to what you describe and was considering an M8GC too - the price difference is not that much, about $30k considering the discounts you can still get on an M8.

I felt that after 3 years in the F90 engagement was lacking, except those 2 seconds you can push the car on straights before reaching crazy speeds. I am hoping the G80 can provide some engagement for longer at straights plus turns at lower speeds as a daily driver.

A lot of people think about the price and prestige of one over the other to make decisions but, for a daily, it is not always about that. I want a car that I look forward to driving at any speed and country road.

Having said this, I would certainly look into the 911 if I didn't need back doors and usable back seats. Beyond the 911 I haven't seen anything that I would care for in the M3 to M8 price range for a daily.
Appreciate 2
Barathon579.00
02M3ForMe4278.00