R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Base Challenger SXT or the Camaro V6, both offering over 300 horsepower for about the same money, much more weight though
They do have great presence, and eat the BRZ/FRS all day long for breakfast in a straight line. But neither are known to be great at handling. I am talking strictly straight out of the box.

In that the 86/BRZ is again, closer to a MX-5, but then the MX5 is a 2 seater

So while we can say that the car could use more power, really it is unique in the market. Someone shopping for an American coupe isn't shopping at a Subaru/Toyota dealer, and someone buying an MX5 is buying a MX5
Are you really comparing a Challenger to BRZ???

I owned the BRZ for 6 years while i had my F80 M3.
Compared to the M3 even it feels like a go kart. It’s hard to explain how GOOD the car drives - you really need to experience it yourself. The inputs - steering, shifter, turn-in etc are some of the best in any price range. The seating position, outward visibility etc are also some of the best and all for under $30k.

The only downside of the car is the engine. I like that they kept it NA but i wish it had more torque and better sound.

I looked at MANY cars to replace the BRZ and couldn’t really find a nimble dedicated sports car that doesn’t have huge compromises. I upgraded to 911 as that and Cayman are really the only cars that give u that feel of small go karts.
Appreciate 0