03-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #491
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Agree, the M2 does not need to grow at all in size, but it does need a diet. The backseat is easily fine for in a pinch or short rides and the M3/4 are always available for those needing a larger cabin. They need to focus on making the M2 remain the enthusiasts choice, especially since the M3 has drifted away from that title. I actually think the current power figures are also fine and don't need to be increased but they likely will anyways. What I would love is some weight loss, improve the steering, and soften the ride just a tad bit while still keeping the playful and engaging dynamics from the current M2.
This. Unless it gains 400lb like the G8x there is no need for more power. I mean, if you want it, you can tune it (well, if they find a way around Bosch DMEs). But the average enthusiast is going to find 430hp JUST fine. I would kill for lighter weight. One thing that will help is the new BMW M seating position with the carbon bucket. Should be much lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Bingo!

I honestly think that people actually think it's just a cool word to drop. Nothing like watching car videos where the guy over mentions:

Carbon roof
Carbon dash
Carbon spoiler
Carbon skirts
Carbon diffuser

And on and on and on. We get it. You have a massive carbon footprint.
Personally I love having expensive and super glossy "carbon" in areas with direct proximity to rocks and road debris. What could go wrong.
ried793.00