12-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #70
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Starbucks View Post
Can you guys recommend a fun to drive, reliable car that can still haul kids? 6MT a plus but will strongly consider all electric. Doesn't necessarily have to be 4 door but can't be a bro-mobile like Mustang, Camaro etc.

I'm thinking Mazda 3, WRX, 2 Series, Bolt, 3 series wagon.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Rob
I just picked up a low mileage 2016 STi few months ago although that would likely exceed your budget of 15k. However, the car is extremely similar to a WRX so I'd definitely recommend one if you want something that's all season friendly, and fun to drive. The WRX gets much better gas mileage as well and is thousands cheaper. Resale value is phenomenal so both of these choices make sense to me.

The STi is a few thousand more than a WRX but the 3 differentials, hydraulic steering, bolt action like shifter and extra power make the car worth the extra. Whether or not you need / want it is another story.

I too was in the same boat and wanted something decently fun for the short commute to work. Another great choice would be a Golf / Gti as mentioned here, those have great interiors and are fun as well.
Appreciate 0